- Each student must attend a minimum of 80% of total class time. Failure to do so will result in loss of credit for that semester.
- Student arriving in class after 8.05am will be marked absent. Students are not permitted to be out of class during class time without approval from the office of Students Affairs, Student leaving class early will be marked absent. Students attempting to falsify attendance records will be suspended.
- Students must maintain a tidy appearance. T-shirts and slippers are not permitted in the class, unshaved face, untidy hair, sunglasses, unbuttoned shirts and unwashed clothes are not to be worn in the class. Shirts must always be tucked into trousers during school official hours, jeans and sagging trousers are highly prohibited.
- Women must dress modestly. Female students should not expose the sensitive parts of their body nor put on skirts or gowns that are above the knees.
- Students must be formally and corporately dressed with shirt on trousers and tie or complete suit and tie during official school hours from Mondays – Wednesdays. This goes along with polished shoes.
- Students are allowed to dress in native wear only on Thursday and Fridays.
- No student is permitted to start a special relationship with another student of opposite gender. Student who breaks this rule will be suspended.
- Students caught in the act of dirty chat or calls, pornography or watching immoral pictures on the internal will face sanction.
- Unmarried female students who get pregnant while in school will be expelled from school.
- Students who get involved in any immoral act will be suspended.
- All students are expected to participate in the student practical’s, during the practical period. Practical slip should be submitted to school upon resumption as it form part of the student’s record.
- Students who travelled with permission from the office must report back to the office on resumption of their journey.
- Students travelling for programmes like Day Groups crusades and Tribal crusades should have official permission from the school.
- Any student who comes thirty minutes after the commencement of any examination will not be allowed to write the exam. He/she will write it as late exams.
- Destruction of school properties by any student will be replaced by such student.
- Destruction of Academic gown by any student will attract fine.
- No tribal groups or any unauthorized group meetings should be held in a lecturer’s office.
- Every tribal group should have a Patron/Matron supervising the group.
- Tribal group crusades shall be regulated by the Student Affairs office. Each tribal group crusade shall be once every year in any of the semesters allotted to it from the office of Student Affairs. n
- All groups not recognize by the school will not be allowed to operate in the school.
- Attendances to tribal crusades are to be screened from the office.
- Non-tribal groups like, Hospital ministry, prayer band and Prison ministry shall have patron/matron attached to them. Their programs shall receive approval from the office of the students Affairs before they are executed.
- Students Leaders are to be given their due respect by all categories of students. Disobedience to authority shall be sanctioned.
- No student leader in permitted to appoint any student into leadership without permission from the office of the Student Affairs.
- No student leader heading any department is to make rules for that department without permission of the student Affairs officer and the staff Head of that department.
- Ill-treatments of any student by student leaders are not allowed. All act of indiscipline by any student should be reported to the office of the Students’ Affairs through the hall Managers or Day Student Co-ordinator for proper disciplinary actions.
- Students whose health care(s) are referred to Faith Mediplex would be expected to pay the medical bill at the resumption of the following semester.
- For bill beyond a certain amount as granted by the school, the parents/guardians of such student will have to be contacted before such treatment can continue.
- Only cases referred to Faith Mediplex by the coordinator of the school’s health unit will be granted by the school.
- All forms of dishonesty will be corrected. Students who steal or cheat of take forbidden substances such as alcohol, drugs or tobacco will be suspended.
- Every student shall take part in labor and all activities as directed by the school.
- No student is to use another student as his or her servant.
- Students are required to pay their financial dues by the date stipulated by the office or will not be allowed to sit for the exams.
- Students are not allowed to engage in protest, rampage or demonstration, any grievance or complains should be forwarded to the appropriate authority. Students caught in this manner will be sanctioned.
- Student(s) caught in disobeying, insulting or using abusive words on any member of the staff will be sanctioned.
- The use of GSM is prohibited during class periods and other academic related activities. Any student who violates this will have his/her phone confiscated.
- All students are expected to have their students I.D Cards display at all times while in campus and be ready to present them upon request.
BOARDING STUDENTS’ RULES
- No Boarding students is allowed to worship outside Church of God Mission, Permission to worship in any other church can only be granted by the Student’s Affairs Officer.
- No student is permitted to cook in the hall of residence.
- All Boarding activities like, Morning Prayers, Labour, Prep, Sports, Church service, lights-out etc, are compulsory for all Boarding students, there are no exception to this rule.
- Student leaders should not search into the lockers, boxes and luggage’s of other students without permission from the office.
- Students should respect the privacy of one another. Anyone caught in undue interference in another private matter will be sanctioned.
- Student Executives and leaders on duty must do a thorough bed-check every night during lights out. Therefore, students are expected to be in their rooms during quiet time and lights out.
- No student is permitted to travel with the hostel key(s). Students are expected to submit the hostel key(s) before classes and during semester breaks and holidays to their Hall Managers/Manageress through their Hall Reps and the Deputy Students’ president.
- In cases of burglary or any other form of robbery in the hall of residence, the matter should be reported to the Student President, Security Coordinator and the Hall Manager/Manageress for proper investigation and communication to the Students’ Affair’s Officer.
- Allocation of bed space is done by the office upon the payment of accommodation fee. No student has the right to allot himself/herself any room or bed space without the permission of the office.
- A student shall occupy the bed space allocated to him/her. Allocated bed spaces are not transferable.
- No student should accommodate a non-student in his/her bed corner. Non-students are not allowed in the hall of residence without the permission of the school.
- Light out is at 11.00pm, after which no noise or movement is permitted.
- Student must not travel without prior permission from the office. Travelling is permitted only three (3) times per semester.
- Males shall not enter female hall of residence and vice versa. The privacy of both sexes must be fully respected.
- Students must not exit their hostel without being appropriately dressed.
- Students are not to leave campus without signing the exit book.
- All medical cases should be reported to the school clinic coordinator. No sick student should be allowed to stay in the hall of residence during lecture time without the permission of the school.
- Ill-treatments of any student by student leaders are not allowed. All act of indiscipline by any student should be reported to the office of the Dean of Student through the Hall Managers/manageress for proper disciplinary measures.
- All rooms and rest rooms should be kept clean at all times. Every student is responsible for the security of the property in his/her corner.
- Unlawful punishment of students at odd hours after light out is prohibited.
- All students residing in the Halls of residence are to attend the Hall fellowships. No one is exempted
DAY STUDENTS’ RULES
- No Day student is allowed to stay in the school hostels except with permission from the office.
- Register in the Day students’ office after the central registry Office.
- As Day Students, you will be fixed in a day students’ group depending on where you live. This is compulsory for day students every semester.
- Day Students’ programs are very important; reports are submitted to the office that will determine the students’ graduation from school. Other activities like labor, sports, and vigil are compulsory. Letter of exemption can only be granted by the Day Students Coordinator.
- Attendance Register for Morning and Afternoon is very important. Make sure you don’t miss it. Whatever challenge should be communicated to the office of the Students’ Affairs Office through the Day students coordinator.
- School bus moves from Ring Road, at 7:30am every working day at subsidized rate. Day Students are encouraged to take advantage of the bus.
- Day Students are expected to be Ambassadors of the school and of the kingdom of God in their places of residence. They are to have good relationship with your Landlords and pay their house rent when due. The school is not liable to this.
- Though the school does not regulate the travelling of Day Students, but students should however inform the Day Student office of their travelling. Class attendance is at the students own risk.
- Every medical case should be reported to the Students’ Affairs office through the Day students’ coordinator. Students must present Doctor’s report to authenticate their claims.
- All letters of complaint, Request etc should be forwarded to the Students Affairs Office through the Day Students coordinator.
- No Day Student is expected to accommodate a student who has already been registered as a Boarding Student in his/her place of residence.
- Day students of apposite sexes should not co-habit if they are not blood relatives. Those who are related by blood should inform the Day student office.
- Disobedience to the General rules of the school by all Day students would not be compromised
- A student is matriculated into this school only on the understanding that the student keeps these rules and the Student Honour Code and that failure to do so will result in any disciplinary action that the school office deems necessary to maintain order in the school.
- School rules and the Student Honour Code must be kept by each student to qualify them to graduate at the end of their course.
PART-TIME SCHOOL RULES
- Each student must attend a minimum of 80% of total class time. Failure to do so will result in loss of credit for that semester. The student will have to repeat the semester in full.
- Students arriving in class after 5:45 p.m. will be marked absent. Students are not permitted to be out of the class during class time. Students leaving class early will be marked absent. Students attempting to falsify attendance records will be suspended.
- Students must maintain a tidy appearance. T-shirts and slippers are not permitted in the class. Unshaven face, untidy hair, sunglasses, unbuttoned shirts and unwashed, un- ironed clothes are not to be worn in the class. Women must dress modestly.
- All forms of dishonesty will be corrected. Students who steal or cheat or who take forbidden substances such as alcohol, drugs or tobacco will be suspended.
- Students not respecting prefects, lecturers or staff will undergo disciplinary action. Students must maintain complete order during prayer, worship and while being addressed by prefects or staff.
- Students are required to pay their financial dues by the date stipulated by the office or not to be allowed into the class.
A student is matriculated into this school only on the understanding that the student keeps these rules and the student Honour Code and that failure to do so will result in any disciplinary action that the school deems necessary to maintain order in the school.
Each student must keep all school rules and the student Honour Code to qualify them to graduate at the end of their course.
STUDENTS’ HONOUR CODE
- Each student, whether Morning School, Part-Time School, Sandwich School or Degree School is admitted and matriculated into this school on the understanding that he/she will honour the rules pertains to their departments and the general student’s honour code which pertain to all students of the institution and that failure to do so will result to any disciplinary action(s) that the school authority deem necessary for the maintenance of order in the school.
- Students entering this school in any faculty must agree to the following, to qualify them to graduate at the end of their course. Failure to do so removes from them the rights as students of this school.
In signing the code of Honour, I realize that I am agreeing to uphold all of the scriptures and the code of conduct of the school.
I admit to the following codes of conduct:
- I will give in my spirit by developing my own relationship with God.
- I will be honest in all my dealings with all my fellow student, faculty and staff.
- I will recognize those in authority and cooperate with them whether they are church authority, faculty, staff or students.
- My commitment to school is my first priority. I recognize that outside engagement are privileges granted not right demanded.
- I am on the same level with other students, at this institute and will, for my time in school, forego the use of any titles or office that I have been granted before coming here.
- I will not smoke or use alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs while a student of this institute.
- I will honor the curfew, Morning Prayer (if a boarding student) and other time guidelines that pertain to my department.
- I recognize that any episode of cheating will result in automatic failure in the course and other disciplinary actions.
- I will determine to maintain my prayer life, seeking God’s face and pleasure on a daily basis, while submitting to God’s will.
- I will remain a good Ambassador of this institute and the kingdom of God wherever I go.
- I will firmly determine by the Grace of God, to live by this honor code to the glory of God, My heavenly Father.